https://i.ibb.co/h9cYjwR/14debf4ca413.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X11uMSz.png

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper Review - IGN
Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a fun but forgettable trip down memory lane.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper Review.

It's been over 20 years since I first encountered Final Fantasy IV's Mist Dragon, but I still remembered that attacking it when it turns into vapor is as futile as punching air.

So when she pulled this trick again in Final Fantasy: Record Keeper I ordered my party to defend themselves and wait, the moment the dragon re-emerged, I ordered the dragoon Kain to perform his signature Double Jump move, then had Cloud finish it off with a heavy sword blow.

Yes, Cloud.

That burst of novelty and nostalgia makes this free-to-play turn-based RPG for mobile devices briefly entertaining, though it began to fade away as I realized that Record Keeper has little depth or breadth.

Record Keeper relies heavily on fans' knowledge of Final Fantasy lore, and doesn't waste much time with plot or character development.

In doing so, it ends up being a bland presentation of what we know are actually interesting people and places.

Each Final Fantasy realm is represented by nothing but a numbered door, and the magical paintings that represent a realm's story are just screenshots with a brief summary of events below them.

There's no world exploration and very little character interaction, which made Record Keeper's world and characters feel strangely nebulous.

I was especially disappointed that I couldn't unlock videos of iconic moments from each Final Fantasy, because I would have loved to see Yuna sending souls to the Far Plane (FFX) or re-watch the epic battle between Alexander and Bahamut (Final Fantasy IX).

The warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia is much stronger when I actually get into combat.

Enemies and allies are all adorably pixelated in the style of 16-bit era Final Fantasy games, with music for each realm matching the game it's from.

Enemies and allies trade blows as soon as their attack meters fill up (the signature feature of Final Fantasy's classic Active Time Battle system).

There's also some nice touches of nuance available, such as equipping characters like Kain and Rydia with armor and weapons from their native Final Fantasy IV and sending them into that game's battles, which gave me useful stat boosts while conjuring up pleasant memories of them teaming up to defeat the evil Golbez.

Enemies within each realm retain their unique behaviors and abilities (warning boards from FFVII are still invulnerable to lightning, wererats from VI still love to bite, etc.) which helped me come up with an effective battle plan because I knew what was coming.

For instance, I made sure to have a Black Mage in my party when I entered an area of Final Fantasy IV I knew was filled with fire-fearing zombies.

And it was fun mixing and matching characters from old and new Final Fantasies to see how their abilities meshed, I thought Cloud's Soul Break and Kain's Double Jump worked particularly well together.

Unfortunately, without world exploration and interaction between party members to break things up, combat began to feel pretty repetitive fairly quickly.

The only other significant thing you can do in Record Keeper is customize weapons and abilities using gold and materials dropped on the battlefield.

Having to decide whether to spend precious black orbs to create elemental spells, or whether to combine two low-grade spears to make a stronger one was a welcome challenge, but waiting for enemies to drop enough orbs and materials to do so was a test of patience.

So too was being tethered by a limited amount of stamina, which I needed to fight my way through each realm.

The only way to get additional stamina was to wait for it to replenish, spend mythril found on the battlefield.

or flat out pay for it.

Final fantasy record keeper mod

Final fantasy record keeper mod apk

Final fantasy record keeper cheats